Video frame rate and resolution

What video frame rate and resolution do you use with Microdrop and the Microsoft LifeCam Studio? I am getting awful frame rates (1 every few minutes rather than 5 to 30fps) and I am not sure if it is Microdrop or the not so super fast laptop I am using. The slow frame rate is true even under the lowest resolution/frame rate setting.

There are “No Video Device Found” errors on the initial launch of Microdrop (See attached screen capture). However, it does show the overlay and you can select the LifeCam Studio in the options screen. It should be noted that the frame rate of video using the Microsoft LifeCam software on the same system is very good.

I am using the LifeCam Studio model 1425 under Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. The camera driver is version 3.60.250.0. The Windows System experience index on this laptop is only 3.1 so its not going to win any performance challenges.

–Michael

MicroDrop_LifeCam_FrameRate2_3-30-15.rtf (1.36 MB)

We typically use 640x480 at 15fps. These settings seem to work on any computers we’ve tried here in the lab (some of them pretty old and slow). In my experience, anything higher kills the performance regardless of the computer.

-Ryan

···

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Michael Connolly mdcon...@lbl.gov wrote:

What video frame rate and resolution do you use with Microdrop and the Microsoft LifeCam Studio? I am getting awful frame rates (1 every few minutes rather than 5 to 30fps) and I am not sure if it is Microdrop or the not so super fast laptop I am using. The slow frame rate is true even under the lowest resolution/frame rate setting.

There are “No Video Device Found” errors on the initial launch of Microdrop (See attached screen capture). However, it does show the overlay and you can select the LifeCam Studio in the options screen. It should be noted that the frame rate of video using the Microsoft LifeCam software on the same system is very good.

I am using the LifeCam Studio model 1425 under Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. The camera driver is version 3.60.250.0. The Windows System experience index on this laptop is only 3.1 so its not going to win any performance challenges.

–Michael

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.