trouble at plug-in istallation

Dear team,

We are trying to install microdrop v2.4 to new PC and facing difficulties.

Situation is;

1. MicroDrop-2.4-Windows-x86.exe was sucessfully installed.

2. 4 Plug-in(device_quality_control_plugin 2.0.3, dmf_control_board_plugin 2.2.13, dmf_device_ui_plugin 2.0.38, droplet_planning_plugin2.1.1) were installed successfully.

3. However, rebooted microdrop doesn’t show UI window and repeated message regarding “wheelerlab.dmf_device_ui_plugin” is found on profile manager window. It reaches to the time out at the last.

Attached file is the profile manager log.

The host is an Windows10 PC. We have installed DropBot system to some Win10 PCs and these are working well.

I’d like to have your advise for such situation.

Regards,

Aki @ Univ. Tokyo

log.txt (41.8 KB)

Hi Aki,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with the device UI.

The log you provided included the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name) File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code exec code in run_globals File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\site-packages\dmf_device_ui\bin\device_view.py", line 95, in <module> main() File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\site-packages\dmf_device_ui\bin\device_view.py", line 65, in main debug_view=args.debug) File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\site-packages\dmf_device_ui\view.py", line 53, in __init__ super(DmfDeviceViewBase, self).__init__() File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\site-packages\pygtkhelpers\delegates.py", line 85, in __init__ self.create_ui() File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\site-packages\dmf_device_ui\view.py", line 115, in create_ui self.create_slaves() File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\site-packages\dmf_device_ui\view.py", line 77, in create_slaves self.video_mode_slave = self.add_slave(VideoModeSelector(), File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\site-packages\pygst_utils\video_view\mode.py", line 17, in __init__ self.configs = get_source_capabilities() File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\site-packages\pygst_utils\video_source.py", line 221, in get_source_capabilities df_allowed_caps_i = get_allowed_capabilities(device_name_i) File "C:\Users\nojilab\microdrop\lib\site-packages\pygst_utils\video_source.py", line 72, in get_allowed_capabilities video_source.link(video_sink) gst.LinkError: failed to link video_source with video_sink

This error is from the GStreamer library which we use to access video feeds from webcams. We have seen similar issues with computers hooked up to USB cameras that are not supported by GStreamer (e.g., some USB microscopes).

I’ve added an issue to the MicroDrop GitHub issue tracker. Please try the fix listed there (also included here for convenience), i.e., install the latest pygst_utils package:

1. Launch the MicroDrop environment prompt to launch a Windows command prompt with
    the MicroDrop Conda/Python environment activated.
  2. Run the following command to install a version of pygst_utils with the fix applied:
conda install -c wheeler-microfluidics "pygst_utils>=0.3.2"

1. Launch MicroDrop from the shortcut in the Windows Start Menu.
    Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Christian

···

On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 5:43:11 AM UTC-4, ytoyo…@nojilab.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp wrote:

Dear team,

We are trying to install microdrop v2.4 to new PC and facing difficulties.

Situation is;

1. MicroDrop-2.4-Windows-x86.exe was sucessfully installed.
  1. 4 Plug-in(device_quality_control_plugin 2.0.3, dmf_control_board_plugin 2.2.13, dmf_device_ui_plugin 2.0.38, droplet_planning_plugin2.1.1) were installed successfully.
  1. However, rebooted microdrop doesn’t show UI window and repeated message regarding “wheelerlab.dmf_device_ui_plugin” is found on profile manager window. It reaches to the time out at the last.

Attached file is the profile manager log.

The host is an Windows10 PC. We have installed DropBot system to some Win10 PCs and these are working well.

I’d like to have your advise for such situation.

Regards,

Aki @ Univ. Tokyo

Christian,

Thanks a lot for quick response!
Applying the suggested pocedure, now UI window shows up and sysytem works fine.
I appreciate your support!

Aki @ U-Tokyo

No problem, thanks for letting me know. Glad to hear things are working for you now!

Cheers,

Christian

···

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 4:30 AM, ytoyo...@nojilab.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp wrote:

Christian,

Thanks a lot for quick response!
Applying the suggested pocedure, now UI window shows up and sysytem works fine.
I appreciate your support!

Aki @ U-Tokyo

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.