Python.exe has stopped working

Hello,

Has anyone seen a similar situation where they get a message saying “python.exe has stopped working” and microdrop just doesn’t launch? I am getting an error like this today whenever I try to open Micordrop. I have attached an image that shows the error.

The only thing new I did today was try to open the IPython QT console (which did not open) and the I ran it as administrator which popped up a console.

Since this I haven’t been able to open Microdrop.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated…

Best,

-Manasi

Hello Manasi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Are you by any chance running Microdrop with a new camera connected? From the output log, it looks like the video initialization is the last thing to happen before crashing. Perhaps you could try running Microdrop without any video cameras connected?

Cheers,

Christian

···

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016, 6:45 PM Manasi Raje manas...@lbl.gov wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone seen a similar situation where they get a message saying “python.exe has stopped working” and microdrop just doesn’t launch? I am getting an error like this today whenever I try to open Micordrop. I have attached an image that shows the error.

The only thing new I did today was try to open the IPython QT console (which did not open) and the I ran it as administrator which popped up a console.

Best,

-Manasi

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your prompt response. I remember my lab-mate using a camera on this computer so I disconnected everything from the camera setup this time and ran Microdrop. However, this time I can’t see the device getting connected to the software. The device is physically plugged in but the software shows no sign of it. It doesn’t even give me a message saying “can’t connect to the device”.

I clicked on “Options” to check if the right COM port was selected but the options menu looks very different from what it used to. I have attached the pictures showing these things.

Any ideas?

Best,

-Manasi

···

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 4:38:56 PM UTC-8, Christian Fobel wrote:

Hello Manasi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Are you by any chance running Microdrop with a new camera connected? From the output log, it looks like the video initialization is the last thing to happen before crashing. Perhaps you could try running Microdrop without any video cameras connected?

Cheers,

Christian

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016, 6:45 PM Manasi Raje mana...@lbl.gov wrote:

Hello,

Best,

-Manasi

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.