Problem importing SVG file to dropbot

Good day. Whenever I try to import my SVG files I get the message “Error importing device. File has no valid paths.” Are there any common errors in the file conversion from AutoCAD to an SVG via Inkscape that causes this problem? I’ve been able to import files only if I select each electrode and click Path - Union. I know the uDrop program is uploading files because I can import Steve and Josh’s designs.
Thanks

Hello Philip,

Thanks for using our platform.

There are certain steps that must be followed when exporting SVG files from Inkscape for importing into MicroDrop. The steps are described here.

If you’d like, I’d be happy to take a look at your SVG file if you wouldn’t mind sending it to me.

Cheers,
Christian

···

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 9:05 PM, Philip Gach pcg...@lbl.gov wrote:

Good day. Whenever I try to import my SVG files I get the message “Error importing device. File has no valid paths.” Are there any common errors in the file conversion from AutoCAD to an SVG via Inkscape that causes this problem? I’ve been able to import files only if I select each electrode and click Path - Union. I know the uDrop program is uploading files because I can import Steve and Josh’s designs.
Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.