Parallel channel DMF

Dear Team,

I’m afraid it might be out of the purpose of this mailing list, but I’d like to ask some advise on the device design. If you have similar experiance or related knowledge, I appreciate for any advise or hint.

Device purpose:
generate many drops and move in parallel.

Electrode design and structure:
Large drop on large electrode is driven by DMF and injected into 10 narrow channels. Channel is formed by SU-8 wall.
Small electrode size is 800 x 800 um, SU-8 wall hight( spacer gap of DMF) is 30-50um.

Problems:
There is deviation of injected water among the channels. Once the water introduced one channel, it tends to pull the neighborhood water.

Please find example of the situation in attached file.

If such question is not appropriate, I will remove this thread.

Regards,

Aki @ U-tokyo

drop split.pptx (401 KB)

Hi Aki,

Thanks for sharing those images. Looks interesting… If interactions between the channel “lanes” is a problem, maybe you could design the main reservoir so that it splits the large drop into several smaller drops prior to drawing liquid into the channels?

-Ryan

···

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 4:19 AM, ytoyo...@nojilab.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp wrote:

Dear Team,

I’m afraid it might be out of the purpose of this mailing list, but I’d like to ask some advise on the device design. If you have similar experiance or related knowledge, I appreciate for any advise or hint.

Device purpose:
generate many drops and move in parallel.

Electrode design and structure:
Large drop on large electrode is driven by DMF and injected into 10 narrow channels. Channel is formed by SU-8 wall.
Small electrode size is 800 x 800 um, SU-8 wall hight( spacer gap of DMF) is 30-50um.

Problems:
There is deviation of injected water among the channels. Once the water introduced one channel, it tends to pull the neighborhood water.

Please find example of the situation in attached file.

If such question is not appropriate, I will remove this thread.

Regards,

Aki @ U-tokyo

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.

I’m investigating various reservoir and lane electrode design.

I’m going to include your suggestion. If you find related information somewhere, please let me know.

Regards

Aki@U-Tokyo