no signal from signal generator board on power supply

Hi all,

I’m having some issues getting a signal on the oscilloscope from the signal generator board, when it’s powered by the 12V power supply. This is a continuation of the Dropbot project at the Jeffrey lab (which Mindy, Linh and Florent worked on). Mindy and Linh were working with Microdrop 1.0, I’m using v2.4. Weirdly, when I tried powering from the FDTI cable to an office desktop computer for the first time, it didn’t give a signal, bu reconnecting the power supply subsequently gave reasonable waveforms at both the input to the amplifier and at the output (gain ~ 30). However, when I tried to run it on Microdrop on my laptop, I got a LOW VOLTAGE error (it showed 0.2 V). (I couldn’t simultaneously plug into the oscilloscope and the amplifier today due to lack of BNC adaptors.)

Multiple tries of plugging the signal generator back into the oscilloscope after this gave no measurable signals. When I switched back to FDTI power again the oscilloscope showed a 0.6 Vp-p measurement at the input to the amp, and about 3 Vp-p at the output.

I tried going through the steps again to ensure everything was properly installed. Under the Device Manager, right-clicking on Arduino Mega tells me that the driver is up to date. When I tried to re-flash the control board, I got this (see below). Compared to the screenshot you guys provided, it seems to be missing lines saying ‘Found i2c address’ and ‘HV board 0/1/2 connected’ – not sure if this matters. This is similar to what Henry Bissel screenshotted in another thread (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dropbot-dev/h0qg0Gp_vS8/FkuFoUqfAgAJ). I had to close Microdrop when I opened the serial monitor to enable Arduino to access the port which the Mega was on.

ÀAnalog Reference=4.70 V

Arduino DMF Controller v2.1

Firmware version: 1.4.4

Configuration version=0.0.5

signal_generator_board_i2c_address=10

A0_series_resistance[0]=20000.00

A0_series_capacitance[0]=0.00 pF

A0_series_resistance[1]=200000.00

A0_series_capacitance[1]=0.00 pF

A0_series_resistance[2]=2000000.00

A0_series_capacitance[2]=50.00 pF

A1_series_resistance[0]=200.00

A1_series_capacitance[0]=50.00 pF

A1_series_resistance[1]=2000.00

A1_series_capacitance[1]=50.00 pF

A1_series_resistance[2]=20000.00

A1_series_capacitance[2]=50.00 pF

A1_series_resistance[3]=200000.00

A1_series_capacitance[3]=50.00 pF

A1_series_resistance[4]=2000000.00

A1_series_capacitance[4]=50.00 pF

switching_board_i2c_address=32

amplifier_gain=300.00

voltage_tolerance=5.00

use_antialiasing_filter=0

auto_adjust_amplifier_gain=0

min_waveform_frequency=100.00

max_waveform_frequency=20000.00

max_waveform_voltage=200.00

ram=8191

.data=694

.bss=2701

heap=0

stack=6

free memory=4790

I also tried to flash the signal generator while powered by the power supply but got a list of errors (I can’t use the FDTI cable to power it cos then the Arduino program wouldn’t be able to see it). In any case, the version of signal_generator.ino firmware I was trying to flash was 0.2.2; but when I disconnected the power and opened the Serial Monitor for my Uno, I found the firmware listed was 0.4.0. Does this mean it’s already been updated and I don’t have to do anything?

This is where I got up to but I’m not quite sure how to proceed. Does anyone have suggestions?

Really appreciate any thoughts on this!!

Charmaine

Hi all,

A bit more information that may be related to the problem above. There are several ‘errors’ I run into in the installation process on my desktop computer which I’m not sure how to resolve –

When I uninstall / reinstall the program, I always get this issue

After I click ‘Close’, Python continues updating and enabling all the plugins running plugin hooks for dmf_user_prompt_plugin, dmf_step_label_plugin, dmf_meta_data_plugin, dmf_device_quality_control_plugin, dmf_droplet_planning_plugin, dmf_control_board_plugin, subsequently successfully connecting to Arduino control board. It also scans the i2c bus and detects the signal generator and HV switching boards (firmware v0.4.0). However, right after it ‘enables’ dmf_device_ui_plugin, I get this error:

zmq_plugin.hub: Unsupported source <wheelerlab.device_unfo_plugin>/target{wheelerlab.dmf.device_ui_plugin> configuration. Either source and target both present in the local registry, or the source MUST be a plugin in the local registry and the target MUST be the hub

I also get LinkError: failed to link video source with video sink. The zmq_plugin.hub error keeps repeating itself until eventually it times out and does

whereupon it crashes. The main Microdrop interface (where you load the svg and program the protocol) is opened but not the black screen where the device itself is displayed.

On my laptop, where I have also installed Microdrop in my user folder, I don’t seem to have the error with the metadata_plugin, but I still get the zmq_plugin.hub error. Nonetheless Microdrop is able to open successfully (both the main and device screens) and I can load my svg file. However, here I get the LOW VOLTAGE error. On the oscilloscope the input and output signals (to the amp) are flat, even if I change the input voltage value both on Microdrop and through the Arduino serial monitor command line, as given in the Signal Generator Board calibration board instructions.

Any suggestions for how to install Microdrop successfully and what the signal generation problem might be due to?

Thanks again, and so sorry for all the questions.

Charmaine

Hi all,

I’m still having some issues with Microdrop. I have two versions - the latest (2.5) and a portable 1.0 version. For a while, I managed to get reasonable signals, while controlling the boards through both the Microdrop 1.0 and 2.4 versions (on my laptop and PC respectively - the boards were automatically flashed with the appropriate firmware each time).

One issues was that the set and measured voltages (at the output of the amp) did not quite match. The calibration results also looked weird, so I started poking with the HV switching boards. I managed to fry and replace a wire while probing with the oscilloscope, and subsequently when they were connected and powered up through Microdrop both the +5V and Vcc LED’s were on, as should be. However, I wasn’t getting a signal on the oscilloscope, so I opened Serial Monitor for the Uno and did reset_config() --> set_waveform_voltage(1.0), set_waveform_frequency(1e3). This produced a 0.6 V rms signal for about 10 s, but after the serial monitor refreshed the signal promptly disappeared before I could calibrate it (or after I typed the set_pot(3,x,1) command). The Serial Monitor would then log the RMS voltage as 0.0 V. I checked the max_rms_voltage limit and it’s set at 7 V, so this shouldn’t have been a problem.

I tried this several times, unplugging the Mega and Uno cables, and opening Microdrop again. At some point, the Serial Monitor started outputting gibberish symbols and would not even display the rms voltage measurement. The baud rate is 11520. Each time I tried turning ‘Realtime mode’ on or off in Microdrop, I would get an error that the device_ui_plugin and control_board_plugin had crashed. It seems like Microdrop isn’t able to communicate with the signal board. Obviously I wasn’t able to get a waveform even by setting the voltage in the Serial Monitor.

That’s where I am right now. Does anyone have an idea what’s going on and how I can get a normal output on the Serial Monitor again?

Thanks!!

Charmaine

When I power up the boards through Microdrop without the Uno USB connected to the computer (through the FDTI cable), I do get a (slightly distorted looking) 1 kHz waveform when Microdrop starts up. However, it still shows an error when I turn ‘Realtime’ on due to problems setting the frequency to the Microdrop default of 100 kHz.

This signal disappears the moment I plug the FDTI cable into the computer’s USB port.

Do you think there might have been some damage to the microprocessor on the Signal Generator board? - I’ll have to get replacement parts for that if needed.

Thanks!

So I tried a couple more things.

Each time I reflash the signal generator from my laptop (if I do it on the PC I get a constexp error), I get ‘Done uploading’, but also the error (which I hadn’t paid attention to before):

avrdude: stk500get_sync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

which seems to indicate that the Uno is not responding.

I then attempted to burn the bootloader again as described here (http://microfluidics.utoronto.ca/trac/dropbot/wiki/BurningTheBootloader) and but get an invalid device signature error (avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000). I’ve attached the verbose error output.

With these connections in place, there is a 16 MHz clock signal at the XTAL1 pin (pin 9) of the ATmega328PU.

I also looked up the invalid signature error on several forums (http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,51819.0.html), and they’ve suggested things like feeding a separate oscillator signal into the microprocessor, using a separate power supply to power it, etc. But I’m guessing these aren’t needed here, as we should be able to burn the bootloader and upload sketches exactly as instructed.

Is there a way to tell if the ATmega328PU is just bricked and needs to be replaced? Or is there something else that might be going on here?

Thanks!

Charmaine

burnbootloadererror.txt (5.46 KB)

Hi Charmaine,

Sorry I’ve been slow to reply; these past few weeks
have been super busy, but I hope to be more responsive going forward. It sounds to me like there might be something wrong with your Atmega328 microcontroller, but it’s hard to say whether it is a firmware or hardware problem. Let’s start by setting up the Signal Generator hardware in the simplest configuration for testing:

1. Remove the Signal generator board from the DropBot
  2. Make sure the USB power jumper is installed
  3. Select the 5Vp-p output using the jumper
  4. Connect the FTDI cable

In this configuration, the only thing plugged into the signal generator is the FTDI cable:

Now try flashing the latest firmware. Note that I just updated the zip file linked from that page to v0.4 (from v0.2.2 previously). Please paste the output of the Arduino IDE when trying to flash the board.

If you can’t flash the firmware, it is possible that either:

A) you will need to reflash the bootloader

B) your microcontroller is damaged and needs to be replaced

Let me know how you make out and maybe we can setup a quick skype chat to help get you sorted.

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Charmaine Chia llama...@gmail.com wrote:

Each time I reflash the signal generator from my laptop (if I do it on the PC I get a constexp error), I get ‘Done uploading’, but also the error (which I hadn’t paid attention to before):

I then attempted to burn the bootloader again as described here (http://microfluidics.utoronto.ca/trac/dropbot/wiki/BurningTheBootloader) and but get an invalid device signature error (avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000). I’ve attached the verbose error output.

With these connections in place, there is a 16 MHz clock signal at the XTAL1 pin (pin 9) of the ATmega328PU.

I also looked up the invalid signature error on several forums (http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,51819.0.html), and they’ve suggested things like feeding a separate oscillator signal into the microprocessor, using a separate power supply to power it, etc. But I’m guessing these aren’t needed here, as we should be able to burn the bootloader and upload sketches exactly as instructed.

Is there a way to tell if the ATmega328PU is just bricked and needs to be replaced? Or is there something else that might be going on here?

Thanks!

Charmaine

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply!

So I tried this today, first on my laptop, which seemed (?) to give a completed upload. Then I tried it on my PC, and got the error

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f

avrdude: Expected signature for ATmega328P is 1E 95 14

Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

Wrong microcontroller found. Did you select the right board from the Tools > Board menu?

I’ve attached both outputs. The port selected for both was COM5 (this seems to be where the FTDI connects to) and the device was Arduino Uno.

When I open up Serial Monitor, I got:

Signal Generator Board v1.0

Firmware v0.4

http://microfluidics.utoronto.ca/dropbot

base_config_version=0.0.2

i2c_address=10

programming_mode=0

serial_number=4294967295

supports_ISP=false

config_version=0.0.0

pot[0]=128

pot[1]=128

pot[2]=128

pot[3]=160

pot[4]=0

pot[5]=0

hf_amplitude_correction=1.30

max_voltage_rms=7.00

waveform_frequency=1000.00

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=136

waveform_voltage=0.00

index=0

pot[5]=1

pot[4]=1

ram=2047

.data=166

.bss=658

heap=0

stack=14

free memory=1209

So interestingly it doesn’t seem to be showing gibberish symbols any more. I then tried inputting the commands ‘set_waveform_voltage(1.0)’, ‘set_waveform_frequency(10e3)’, and got the following outputs, although the oscilloscope trace still showed a flat line (this is when not connected to the control board and powered via the FTDI cable).

waveform_voltage=1.00

index=146

pot[5]=102

pot[4]=91

waveform_frequency=10000.00

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=177

upload signal generator firmware v0.4.0_laptop.txt (74.7 KB)

upload signal generator firmware v0.4.0_PC.txt (26.2 KB)

···

Finally, I removed the USB power header from the signal generator board and connected it up to the control board again, and then plugged the control board USB cable into my PC. Turned on the power supply and opened Microdrop. However, I got the error that Microdrop couldn’t establish a connection with the board, which didn’t happen before. The power supply didn’t turn on. (I do know that the power supply is working though.)

Do you have any ideas about what might be going on?

Thanks,

Charmaine

On Monday, 12 June 2017 14:47:00 UTC-7, Ryan Fobel wrote:

Hi Charmaine,

have been super busy, but I hope to be more responsive going forward. It sounds to me like there might be something wrong with your Atmega328 microcontroller, but it’s hard to say whether it is a firmware or hardware problem. Let’s start by setting up the Signal Generator hardware in the simplest configuration for testing:

In this configuration, the only thing plugged into the signal generator is the FTDI cable:

Inline image 1

Now try flashing the latest firmware. Note that I just updated the zip file linked from that page to v0.4 (from v0.2.2 previously). Please paste the output of the Arduino IDE when trying to flash the board.

Let me know how you make out and maybe we can setup a quick skype chat to help get you sorted.

-Ryan

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Charmaine Chia llam...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks!

Charmaine

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Charmaine,

Let’s start with the signal generator to keep things simple. It’s promising that you are not getting the gibberish but let’s try to figure out why you’re getting a flat line at the output. Can you repeat this test and take a photo of the board so that we can see all of the jumpers?

You can also look on the doc file to probe the different test points on the board with a scope so that if there is a problem, we can start to narrow down the possible causes.

-Ryan

···

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017, 9:59 PM Charmaine Chia llama...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply!

So I tried this today, first on my laptop, which seemed (?) to give a completed upload. Then I tried it on my PC, and got the error

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f

avrdude: Expected signature for ATmega328P is 1E 95 14

Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

Wrong microcontroller found. Did you select the right board from the Tools > Board menu?

I’ve attached both outputs. The port selected for both was COM5 (this seems to be where the FTDI connects to) and the device was Arduino Uno.

When I open up Serial Monitor, I got:

Firmware v0.4

i2c_address=10

programming_mode=0

serial_number=4294967295

supports_ISP=false

config_version=0.0.0

pot[0]=128

pot[1]=128

pot[2]=128

pot[3]=160

pot[4]=0

pot[5]=0

max_voltage_rms=7.00

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=136

waveform_voltage=0.00

index=0

pot[5]=1

pot[4]=1

ram=2047

.data=166

.bss=658

heap=0

stack=14

free memory=1209

So interestingly it doesn’t seem to be showing gibberish symbols any more. I then tried inputting the commands ‘set_waveform_voltage(1.0)’, ‘set_waveform_frequency(10e3)’, and got the following outputs, although the oscilloscope trace still showed a flat line (this is when not connected to the control board and powered via the FTDI cable).

waveform_voltage=1.00

index=146

pot[5]=102

pot[4]=91

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=177

Finally, I removed the USB power header from the signal generator board and connected it up to the control board again, and then plugged the control board USB cable into my PC. Turned on the power supply and opened Microdrop. However, I got the error that Microdrop couldn’t establish a connection with the board, which didn’t happen before. The power supply didn’t turn on. (I do know that the power supply is working though.)

Do you have any ideas about what might be going on?

Thanks,

Charmaine

On Monday, 12 June 2017 14:47:00 UTC-7, Ryan Fobel wrote:

Hi Charmaine,

-Ryan

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Charmaine Chia llam...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks!

Charmaine

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Ryan,

Here’s what the signal generator board looked like when I uploaded the v0.4.0 firmware.

In this configuration, I scoped some of the test points. The yellow trace is just from the output of the board (that goes to the input of the amplifier). The purple trace is the probe signal. I believe this was the Serial Monitor output when I did this test.

Firmware v0.4

i2c_address=10

programming_mode=0

serial_number=4294967295

supports_ISP=false

config_version=0.0.0

pot[0]=128

pot[1]=128

pot[2]=128

pot[3]=160

pot[4]=0

pot[5]=0

max_voltage_rms=7.00

waveform_voltage=1.00

index=146

pot[5]=102

pot[4]=91

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=136

Test point 1: f ~ 1 kHz, 5Vpp square wave

Test point 6: f ~ 32.3 Hz, 5Vpp square wave, Vdc ~ 2.5V --> seems frequency divider devides by 32 (instead of 16)

Test point 7: Vgnd ~2.5 V

Test point 10:

Test point 12/14: Yellow trace

The shape of the output seems to change slightly over time and isn’t quite a sine wave.

Later I removed and replaced the USB header, then probed the board again. This time, the output waveform voltage seems to have changed to 0 (not sure if I typed reset_config() or this somehow changed by itself; I didn’t check the Serial Monitor output), and I get the same thing but just no output voltage.

Test point 1:

Test point 6:

Test point 11:

Hope this clarifies!

Charmaine

Hi there,

So an update - after re-flashing the Signal Generator with the v0.4.0 firmware, and then re-flashing the control board, Microdrop is now able to connect to it and I get the following Serial Monitor outputs.

Control board

ÀAnalog Reference=4.80 V

Arduino DMF Controller v2.1

Firmware version: 1.4.4

Configuration version=0.0.5

signal_generator_board_i2c_address=10

A0_series_resistance[0]=102026.17

A0_series_capacitance[0]=-0.00 pF

A0_series_resistance[1]=603015.12

A0_series_capacitance[1]=2.61 pF

A0_series_resistance[2]=1204430.87

A0_series_capacitance[2]=13.87 pF

A1_series_resistance[0]=200.00

A1_series_capacitance[0]=50.00 pF

A1_series_resistance[1]=2000.00

A1_series_capacitance[1]=50.00 pF

A1_series_resistance[2]=20000.00

A1_series_capacitance[2]=50.00 pF

A1_series_resistance[3]=200000.00

A1_series_capacitance[3]=50.00 pF

A1_series_resistance[4]=2000000.00

A1_series_capacitance[4]=50.00 pF

switching_board_i2c_address=32

amplifier_gain=1.00

voltage_tolerance=5.00

use_antialiasing_filter=0

auto_adjust_amplifier_gain=0

min_waveform_frequency=100.00

max_waveform_frequency=20000.00

max_waveform_voltage=200.00

ram=8191

.data=694

.bss=2701

heap=0

stack=6

free memory=4790

Signal Generator board

Firmware v0.4

i2c_address=10

programming_mode=0

serial_number=4294967295

supports_ISP=false

config_version=0.0.0

pot[0]=128

pot[1]=128

pot[2]=128

pot[3]=160

pot[4]=0

pot[5]=0

max_voltage_rms=7.00

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=136

waveform_voltage=0.00

index=0

pot[5]=1

pot[4]=1

ram=2047

.data=166

.bss=658

heap=0

stack=14

free memory=1209

However, my output is still a flat line, presumably because my waveform voltage is set to 0.

The output of test point 1 on the Signal Generator board is square wave of ~ 3Vpp and 1 kHz, and the output of test point 5 is a square wave of ~ 3Vpp and 32.4 Hz (divide by 32). I’m not sure why the amplitude is lower now - previously had 5V when it was powered up via FDTI… in any case the Vcc pin of the square wave generator (and all the components it seems) is also at 3V. Test point 7 is at 1.5V.

The other issue I’m facing is how to communicate with the Signal Generator via the Serial Monitor while Microdrop is open. When I follow the Calibration instructions on http://microfluidics.utoronto.ca/trac/dropbot/wiki/SignalGeneratorBoard, I get “Error opening serial port ‘COM5’. (Port busy)”. If I try to open Serial Monitor for the Uno before I open Microdrop (keeping it open), the command line doesn’t respond after I type “reset_config()” in.

How can I overcome this?

Thanks!

Charmaine

Hi all,

I tried plugging in the Uno USB after starting the system up through Microdrop. Before the Uno was connected to the computer (via the FTDI header), I get this waveform 5Vpp, 32Hz waveform when the device starts up:

After the Uno USB is connected and Serial Monitor is opened, the waveform goes away and I get the output:

Firmware v0.4

i2c_address=10

programming_mode=0

serial_number=4294967295

supports_ISP=false

config_version=0.0.0

pot[0]=128

pot[1]=128

pot[2]=128

pot[3]=160

pot[4]=0

pot[5]=0

max_voltage_rms=10.00

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=136

waveform_voltage=0.00

index=0

pot[5]=1

pot[4]=1

ram=2047

.data=166

.bss=658

heap=0

stack=14

free memory=1209

The Serial Monitor seems to be intermittently responsive. Sometimes it starts outputting gibberish:
ÿ“Sÿ“SÿSùSÉSùSùSiþSignal GÅSignal GÅSignal GÅSignal GÅSignal GeüSignal Generator Board v1.0

Sometimes it responds when I input commands like set_waveform_voltage(1.0), set_waveform_frequency(10e3)

waveform_voltage=1.00

index=102

pot[5]=94

pot[4]=69

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=177

But occasionally I have to kinda ‘wake it up’ by probing some pins on the board.

Whatever the case, even if I set the waveform voltage to a non-zero value, the oscilloscope output remains a flat line. The square wave generator output is a 3Vpp, 1kHz square wave.

Any ideas about what might be going on?

• Charmaine

Hi Charmaine,

This sounds to me like either (1) your microcontroller is damaged, or (2) there are some bad solder joints on your board. Based on what I’ve seen and heard, I suspect that you may have multiple bad solder joints on these boards, and that you may be better off starting from scratch and getting someone to solder you a fresh set of boards. If you are starting with a set of professionally soldered boards, the types of issues you are describing are very rare.

We have a google hangout scheduled for this Wednesday and can discuss further.

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Charmaine Chia llama...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

I tried plugging in the Uno USB after starting the system up through Microdrop. Before the Uno was connected to the computer (via the FTDI header), I get this waveform 5Vpp, 32Hz waveform when the device starts up:

After the Uno USB is connected and Serial Monitor is opened, the waveform goes away and I get the output:

Firmware v0.4

i2c_address=10

programming_mode=0

serial_number=4294967295

supports_ISP=false

config_version=0.0.0

pot[0]=128

pot[1]=128

pot[2]=128

pot[3]=160

pot[4]=0

pot[5]=0

max_voltage_rms=10.00

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=136

waveform_voltage=0.00

index=0

pot[5]=1

pot[4]=1

ram=2047

.data=166

.bss=658

heap=0

stack=14

free memory=1209

The Serial Monitor seems to be intermittently responsive. Sometimes it starts outputting gibberish:
ÿ“ Sÿ“SÿSùSÉSùSùSiþSignal GÅSignal GÅSignal GÅSignal GÅSignal GeüSignal Generator Board v1.0

Sometimes it responds when I input commands like set_waveform_voltage(1.0), set_waveform_frequency(10e3)

waveform_voltage=1.00

index=102

pot[5]=94

pot[4]=69

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=177

But occasionally I have to kinda ‘wake it up’ by probing some pins on the board.

Whatever the case, even if I set the waveform voltage to a non-zero value, the oscilloscope output remains a flat line. The square wave generator output is a 3Vpp, 1kHz square wave.

• Charmaine

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Yea, I agree with your assessment. It seems like the microcontrollers are still functional; they have the right voltages and talk to the serial monitor, and for example the FREQ_RANGE pin on the atmega328 responds when the frequency is changed. But from probing pins and the communication bus, there doesn’t seem to be a signal on the SPI lines (MOSI, SCK) when a command is given, so the signal generating components aren’t responding. Not sure why.

Looking forward to exploring potential options to resolve this!

Thanks,

Charmaine

···

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Charmaine Chia llama...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

Firmware v0.4

i2c_address=10

programming_mode=0

serial_number=4294967295

supports_ISP=false

config_version=0.0.0

pot[0]=128

pot[1]=128

pot[2]=128

pot[3]=160

pot[4]=0

pot[5]=0

max_voltage_rms=10.00

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=136

waveform_voltage=0.00

index=0

pot[5]=1

pot[4]=1

ram=2047

.data=166

.bss=658

heap=0

stack=14

free memory=1209

ÿ“ Sÿ“SÿSùSÉSùSùSiþSignal GÅSignal GÅSignal GÅSignal GÅSignal GeüSignal Generator Board v1.0

waveform_voltage=1.00

index=102

pot[5]=94

pot[4]=69

pot[1]=19

pot[2]=39

gain=0.94

pot[0]=177

• Charmaine