Microdrop on Linux

I know that it is possible to set up a development environment on Linux for Microdrop. Is it possible with the current or pending 1.0 release to run the Dropbot with Microdrop from a Linux based machine?

–Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, it is possible to run the 1.0 release from a Linux-based machine. I have it running on a 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 instance. I’ll need to get around to double-checking that all of the dependencies are listed properly, but the idea is that you should be able to install microdrop by running:

pip install microdrop==1.0rc0

This should install microdrop and any dependencies. However, the control board plugin will likely need to be installed manually. Once I have verified the dependencies, I will post the Linux control board plugin and will put together instructions on how to install it.

Cheers,
Christian

PS - See here for info on pip, which is a tool used to install Python packages.

···

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 4:38:32 PM UTC-5, Michael Connolly wrote:

I know that it is possible to set up a development environment on Linux for Microdrop. Is it possible with the current or pending 1.0 release to run the Dropbot with Microdrop from a Linux based machine?

–Michael

Christian,

Any progress on checking the dependencies and posting the Linux control board plugin and installation instructions? We would like to transition to a Linux system if possible.

–Michael

···

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 11:00:32 AM UTC-8, Christian Fobel wrote:

Hi Michael,

Yes, it is possible to run the 1.0 release from a Linux-based machine. I have it running on a 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 instance. I’ll need to get around to double-checking that all of the dependencies are listed properly, but the idea is that you should be able to install microdrop by running:

This should install microdrop and any dependencies. However, the control board plugin will likely need to be installed manually. Once I have verified the dependencies, I will post the Linux control board plugin and will put together instructions on how to install it.

Cheers,
Christian

–Michael

Hi Michael,

Since all the users in our lab are running Windows, I’ve shifted to developing in Windows for the past while so haven’t run things in Linux lately.

I’m out of the country until the end of the week for work. I should have time to take a look at this the following week.

Cheers,

Christian

···

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016, 12:05 AM Michael Connolly mdcon...@lbl.gov wrote:

Christian,

Any progress on checking the dependencies and posting the Linux control board plugin and installation instructions? We would like to transition to a Linux system if possible.

–Michael

Hi Michael,

Cheers,
Christian

–Michael

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Christian,

I am not having any luck trying to install on a raspian distro for Raspberry Pi 3. It stops installing with a "Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement cairo (from microdrop) error.

Let me know if you have success with an Ubuntu distro and if you can provide an updated requirements list that would be great. Also, what is the current recommended version we should install and please provide the instructions for the manual install of the linux control board plugin.

–Michael

• show quoted text -
···

On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 9:14:17 AM UTC-7, Christian Fobel wrote:

Hi Michael,

Since all the users in our lab are running Windows, I’ve shifted to developing in Windows for the past while so haven’t run things in Linux lately.

I’m out of the country until the end of the week for work. I should have time to take a look at this the following week.

Cheers,

Christian

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016, 12:05 AM Michael Connolly mdco...@lbl.gov wrote:

Christian,

–Michael

Hi Michael,

Cheers,
Christian

–Michael

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

Attempting installation on Ubuntu-Mate 16.04 with the command:

fails with the error that indicates that no module named paver.tasks exists.

Attempting to install with the following command:

pip install microdrop

downloads microdrop-1.0.post56.zip

fails after downloading matplotlib-1.5.1.tar.gz with a MemoryError.

–Michael

···

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 5:17:42 PM UTC-7, Michael Connolly wrote:

Christian,

I am not having any luck trying to install on a raspian distro for Raspberry Pi 3. It stops installing with a "Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement cairo (from microdrop) error.

Let me know if you have success with an Ubuntu distro and if you can provide an updated requirements list that would be great. Also, what is the current recommended version we should install and please provide the instructions for the manual install of the linux control board plugin.

–Michael

• show quoted text -

Hi Michael,

Cheers,

Christian

Christian,

–Michael

Hi Michael,

Cheers,
Christian

–Michael

I was able to manually install matplotlib with apt-get but now continue to get stalled out with not able to find matching distribution for cairo. I have installed cairo (libcairo2-dev) for ubuntu via apt-get but this does not solve issue with pip installation of microdrop.

···

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 3:01:08 PM UTC-7, Michael Connolly wrote:

Attempting installation on Ubuntu-Mate 16.04 with the command:

fails with the error that indicates that no module named paver.tasks exists.

Attempting to install with the following command:

pip install microdrop

downloads microdrop-1.0.post56.zip

fails after downloading matplotlib-1.5.1.tar.gz with a MemoryError.

–Michael

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 5:17:42 PM UTC-7, Michael Connolly wrote:

Christian,

–Michael

• show quoted text -

Hi Michael,

Cheers,

Christian

Christian,

–Michael

Hi Michael,

Cheers,
Christian

–Michael