HV Switching board

Hey,

I’m currently trying to test the HV switching boards, however when I do the microdrop software seems to hang (see image)

I noticed someone else had the the same problem and put it down to a connection issue. I have double checked all the connections and cannot see an issue. Could something else be causing this?

Just to clarify as well, the amplifier was switched on when trying to test, the photos were taken afterwards.

Thanks again for any help,

Callum

That error message means that it is trying to set a voltage that is out of range. Please post a screenshot of your control board configuration, i.e., select “Tools/DMF control board/Configuration/Edit settings”.

Thanks,

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:21 AM, cds515 via dropbot-dev dropb...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Hey,

I’m currently trying to test the HV switching boards, however when I do the microdrop software seems to hang (see image)

I noticed someone else had the the same problem and put it down to a connection issue. I have double checked all the connections and cannot see an issue. Could something else be causing this?

Just to clarify as well, the amplifier was switched on when trying to test, the photos were taken afterwards.

Callum

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ah ok. Here are the current settings.

···

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 13:43:56 UTC, Ryan Fobel wrote:

That error message means that it is trying to set a voltage that is out of range. Please post a screenshot of your control board configuration, i.e., select “Tools/DMF control board/Configuration/Edit settings”.

Thanks,

-Ryan

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:21 AM, cds515 via dropbot-dev drop...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Hey,

Callum

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

Can you hook up your system to an oscilloscope and figure out what the baseline amplifier gain is? I.e., input a 1 kHz sine wave at 1 V rms and measure the output voltage from the amplifier. Ideally, you should adjust this to be somewhere between 200-300. Then enter this number in the amplifier gain field, and try running the calibration again.

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 9:01 AM, cds515 via dropbot-dev dropb...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Thanks,

-Ryan

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:21 AM, cds515 via dropbot-dev drop...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Hey,

Callum

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hey,

Yes that seemed to be the problem thanks, I just adjusted the amplifier to have a gain of 200 and set that in the settings.

Thanks,

Callum

···

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 14:26:25 UTC, Ryan Fobel wrote:

Can you hook up your system to an oscilloscope and figure out what the baseline amplifier gain is? I.e., input a 1 kHz sine wave at 1 V rms and measure the output voltage from the amplifier. Ideally, you should adjust this to be somewhere between 200-300. Then enter this number in the amplifier gain field, and try running the calibration again.

-Ryan

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 9:01 AM, cds515 via dropbot-dev drop...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Thanks,

-Ryan

Hey,

Callum