Help! MicroDrop software not working - Problem with control board plug-in?

Hi,

Last week I posted an issue regarding the error messages generated while opening MicroDrop. We tried installing the MicroDrop in different computers to cross check.

Arduino driver was installed (checked in Device manager). After the software installation, MicroDrop window opened up and downloaded the plug-in for dmf-control-board. This time no error message appeared. After restarting, it says “Error loading control board plug-in”. Is there any update/problem with the dmf_control_board driver that is creating these issues? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Gowtham S.

Hi Gowtham,

Sorry for the trouble. We’re working on a new version of Microdrop with an overhaul the updating process to allow user-friendly roll-back,etc. to avoid issues like this, but it’s not quite ready yet. We’ll post to the dev list when we release the new version.

In the meantime, it sounds like the issue might be one that we’ve encountered on some of our lab workstations. I’ve added a description of a workaround to the Microdrop troubleshooting guide. I hope this helps. Please let us know how you make out.

Thanks,
Christian

···

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 7:50:51 AM UTC-4, Gowtham S wrote:

Hi,

Last week I posted an issue regarding the error messages generated while opening MicroDrop. We tried installing the MicroDrop in different computers to cross check.

Arduino driver was installed (checked in Device manager). After the software installation, MicroDrop window opened up and downloaded the plug-in for dmf-control-board. This time no error message appeared. After restarting, it says “Error loading control board plug-in”. Is there any update/problem with the dmf_control_board driver that is creating these issues? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Gowtham S.