DropBot not being detected by MicroDrop

i All,

I am having some trouble with DropBot being detected by the Microdrop Suite. I believe it has something to do with the powering up issues I’ve had recently. I cant seem to solve these however, and I was wondering if anyone could help me?

When I connect the power supply to the DropBot and turn it on, nothing seems to happen. I have got the HV Switching boards connected, yet they don’t seem to be working. I also have checked that the firmware is correctly flashed, this is the screen shot from the serial monitor:

Can you see any issues with it?

Hi Henry,

That screenshot looks ok. Can you paste a screenshot of the MicroDrop program log when it is trying to connect?

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Henry Bissell henryb...@gmail.com wrote:

i All,

I am having some trouble with DropBot being detected by the Microdrop Suite. I believe it has something to do with the powering up issues I’ve had recently. I cant seem to solve these however, and I was wondering if anyone could help me?

When I connect the power supply to the DropBot and turn it on, nothing seems to happen. I have got the HV Switching boards connected, yet they don’t seem to be working. I also have checked that the firmware is correctly flashed, this is the screen shot from the serial monitor:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Ryan, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Screenshots:

···

On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 10:57:12 UTC+1, Henry Bissell wrote:

i All,

Ok, so I can tell from that second screenshot that MicroDrop is able to connect to your control board. But are you saying that the power supply is not turning on? The normal behavior is that when the control board connects, it should pull pin 2 low, which enables the power supply.

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Henry Bissell henryb...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Ryan, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Screenshots:

i All,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Yes the power supply isnt turning on. The Hardware is version 2.1.1 is there anything you can suggest to fix this issue?

Henry

···

i All,

2 things:

1. First check that you can turn on the power supply by manually shorting the “power on” pin (pin 13 on the 20-pin ATX power supply cable) to GND. Note that most power supplies need to have a load in order to turn on. The HV switching boards should provide enough of a load to get it to turn on, so make sure that they are plugged into the molex connector of the PSU.

2. Assuming you can get the power to turn on by following (1), check that pin 2 on the control board is being pulled to GND when MicroDrop connects to the control board using a multimeter/oscilloscope.

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Henry Bissell henryb...@gmail.com wrote:

Yes the power supply isnt turning on. The Hardware is version 2.1.1 is there anything you can suggest to fix this issue?
Henry

i All,

i All,

···

Pin 2 is not being pulled to ground, it is around 0.5V.

···

i All,

Does the power supply turn on if you short it to ground with a jumper wire?

···

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Henry Bissell henryb...@gmail.com wrote:

Pin 2 is not being pulled to ground, it is around 0.5V.

i All,

Yes it does turn on.

···

i All,

Hi Ryan,

I have just measured the output on pin 7 of IC4 while the power supply is manually being connected to ground, and hence turned one. It is reading 1.6V? Does this help at all?

···

i All,

Pin 7 is an output pin on the op-amp, so in theory, whether or not the power supply is on or not should have no effect on it’s value. See my other email about making sure you have power to your op-amp (pin 4 should be at +5V).

-Ryan

···

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Henry Bissell henryb...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Ryan,

I have just measured the output on pin 7 of IC4 while the power supply is manually being connected to ground, and hence turned one. It is reading 1.6V? Does this help at all?

i All,