Arduino driver issues

Hello,
I am a PhD student from the university of York and have recently taken on the Dropbot project.

I've installed the microdrop software and have tried installing the driver for the arduino, but I can't seem to find it, or where to install it from. I've downloaded the control_board_plugin from the software, but the plugins folder specified on the wiki only contains three files and control_board_plugin doesn’t seem to exist. I'm using a windows 10 PC and wondered if you'd ever heard of this issue before.

Thanks,
Callum

Hello Callum,

What version of the MicroDrop software are you using? I recommend using v2.4, installer found here. Some of the newer MicroDrop versions aren’t as compatible with the DropBot v2 systems.

Thanks,

Josh

···

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 4:59:01 AM UTC-5, cds...@york.ac.uk wrote:

Hello,

I am a PhD student from the university of York and have recently taken on the Dropbot project.

I’ve installed the microdrop software and have tried installing the driver for the arduino, but I can’t seem to find it, or where to install it from. I’ve downloaded the control_board_plugin from the software, but the plugins folder specified on the wiki only contains three files and control_board_plugin doesn’t seem to exist. I’m using a windows 10 PC and wondered if you’d ever heard of this issue before.

Thanks,

Callum

Hi Josh,

That seems to have fixed the problem of the folder being empty. However, Windows 10 still thinks it knows best and says that the best driver is already installed. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Callum

···

On Friday, 26 January 2018 20:59:46 UTC, Josh Dahmer wrote:

Hello Callum,

What version of the MicroDrop software are you using? I recommend using v2.4, installer found here. Some of the newer MicroDrop versions aren’t as compatible with the DropBot v2 systems.

Thanks,

Josh

Hello,

I’ve installed the microdrop software and have tried installing the driver for the arduino, but I can’t seem to find it, or where to install it from. I’ve downloaded the control_board_plugin from the software, but the plugins folder specified on the wiki only contains three files and control_board_plugin doesn’t seem to exist. I’m using a windows 10 PC and wondered if you’d ever heard of this issue before.

Thanks,

Callum

When you plug the Arduino Mega 2560 into your computer, does it show up as a COM port in the Windows Device Manager? It may be that the driver is already installed.

Another thing you can try is installing the Arduino IDE as it will install all necessary drivers as part of the install process.

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 7:35 AM, cds515 via dropbot-dev dropb...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Hi Josh,

That seems to have fixed the problem of the folder being empty. However, Windows 10 still thinks it knows best and says that the best driver is already installed. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Callum

On Friday, 26 January 2018 20:59:46 UTC, Josh Dahmer wrote:

Hello Callum,

Thanks,

Josh

Hello,

Thanks,

Callum

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ah, I think I may have been thinking that I needed to replace the Arduino Mega 2560 driver, as the COM port says that an arduino Mega 2560 is connected. Is this working then?

···

On Friday, 26 January 2018 09:59:01 UTC, cds...@york.ac.uk wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Callum

Yes, sounds like it is already installed.

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 8:33 AM, cds515 via dropbot-dev dropb...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Ah, I think I may have been thinking that I needed to replace the Arduino Mega 2560 driver, as the COM port says that an arduino Mega 2560 is connected. Is this working then?

On Friday, 26 January 2018 09:59:01 UTC, cds...@york.ac.uk wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Callum

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.