Amplifier Instruction Questions

Hi Everyone

This is the first time for me to operate the amplifier.

I confuse about how to connect to our Dropbot.

From the dropbot website instruction,

is the input of amplifier connected to the HIGH VOLTAGE port?

is the output of amplifier connected to the GROUND port?

If I try to connect the HIGH VOLTAGE port to Dropbot, I need BNC cable which has different sides.

One side is RF.BNC cable with high voltage. The other side is BNC male.

Where can I buy this kind of cable?>

How can I detect the voltage of output of amplifier?

Is the detection from VOLTAGE MONITOR?

Should I adjust dynamics adjustment and input gain when I make calibration?

Thanks very much!

Sorry I forgot to upload the images

Hi Che,

You need an SHV to BNC cable to go from the “High Voltage Output” of the amplifier (SHV) to the “In from Amplifier” port on the DropBot control board (BNC). Did your amplifier come with a cable with an SHV end? If so, you can put a BNC connector on the other end of that cable with a crimping tool. If you want to try this, let us know what type of cable you have (probably RG58 or RG59?), and I can send you a link to the part you will need to order.

There also appear to be a couple of options for buying this cable online, though I’ve never ordered either of these before, e.g.:

• GammaSpectacular.com
  • Pasternack
    The other connection between the DropBot and amplifier uses a regular BNC cable from the DropBot’s “Out to Amplifier” port (on the Signal generator board) to the “Input Signal” on the front of the amplifier.

For reference load calibration purposes, you will also need a BNC splitter (e.g., CP-AD-584). If you want to adjust the amplifier gain (probably unnecessary, as long as it is in the range of 100-300), just input a 1 Vrms @ 1 kHz signal into the amplifier input and monitor the amplifier’s output with an oscilloscope (you do not need the DropBot connected for this step). You can then turn the “Input Gain” adjustment screw on the front of the amplifier until the amplifier output reaches the voltage/gain that you want. We usually set ours for 100 (i.e., 100 Vrms output for a 1 Vrms input).

Hope that helps!

-Ryan

···

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Che Chang carfield...@gmail.com wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks very much Ryan. That is really helpful. Thanks.

在 2017年3月2日星期四 UTC-8上午6:14:38,Ryan Fobel写道:

···

Hi Che,

You need an SHV to BNC cable to go from the “High Voltage Output” of the amplifier (SHV) to the “In from Amplifier” port on the DropBot control board (BNC). Did your amplifier come with a cable with an SHV end? If so, you can put a BNC connector on the other end of that cable with a crimping tool. If you want to try this, let us know what type of cable you have (probably RG58 or RG59?), and I can send you a link to the part you will need to order.

There also appear to be a couple of options for buying this cable online, though I’ve never ordered either of these before, e.g.:

• GammaSpectacular.com
  • Pasternack
    The other connection between the DropBot and amplifier uses a regular BNC cable from the DropBot’s “Out to Amplifier” port (on the Signal generator board) to the “Input Signal” on the front of the amplifier.

For reference load calibration purposes, you will also need a BNC splitter (e.g., CP-AD-584). If you want to adjust the amplifier gain (probably unnecessary, as long as it is in the range of 100-300), just input a 1 Vrms @ 1 kHz signal into the amplifier input and monitor the amplifier’s output with an oscilloscope (you do not need the DropBot connected for this step). You can then turn the “Input Gain” adjustment screw on the front of the amplifier until the amplifier output reaches the voltage/gain that you want. We usually set ours for 100 (i.e., 100 Vrms output for a 1 Vrms input).

Hope that helps!

-Ryan

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Che Chang carfi...@gmail.com wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “dropbot-dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dropbot-dev...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.